Friday, December 10, 2010

Revisions of my Nano book

Early in November, I expressed fears that I would run out of things to say around 35,000 words, then at the end I crossed 50,000 words and estimated another 10,000 to 15,000 words before the book was finished. Both estimates were grossly off the mark, which I think only proves one of me observations just a couple posts ago.

No matter how much I put into my plot, when the actual writing commences, I am a panster, and like the good Captain Barbossa said, "the code is more what you'd call 'guidelines' than actual rules." So goes it with my plots.

And now, in revisions, I am finding places in the early chapters where the characters don't quite agree with the later chapters, so I am shoring up their stories and the chapters are growing in size, just a couple hundred words or so per chapter, but it's still a bit different, or maybe I'm a bit different.

==================================

The hook contest at talebait continues. I have made several entries with the hope of garnering a coveted reading by one of the judges. I need to get that first connection to put one of my books into publication before I can complete my journey to published novelist.



No comments:

Post a Comment