Saturday, May 8, 2010

First Post

I think I always knew that selling a book would be harder than selling a song. All through the seventies (my higher education years) I studied creative writing. It was all I wanted to do, besides owning an aquarium store, but that was more of a phase. But, along the way I discovered how much I liked acting and music too. So, when the day came that I discovered computers, and what a good day job it is, I just had to decide what else I was going to do with my life. Selling a novel sounded likes lots of rejections, there were only so many publishers, and acting was another tough road, there are a limited number of playhouses, but music is everywhere. There are live venues everywhere you go, and the radio stations have more varieties than ice cream. So I left writing behind, except for writing some music here and there, but the music industry is tough, and it's fickle.

Someday, I'll tell you more about my experience with music. Five years ago I started writing again. I was rusty, and wasn't even sure if I could write a full length novel, but I did, and then some. Next post I'll talk a bit about the first book.

As I go along, I will catch up some of what got me to this point, and chronicle what's happening now as I try to get my books published, and which books I'm working on.

No comments:

Post a Comment